Friday, October 02, 2009

Warrior – Why Didn’t I roll DK?

Intro to MikHaven’s Warrior Blog

Hello my name is Micaiah, and I play MikHaven a human warrior on Scilla. I guess now that you know my name and server your off to check his armory, feel free. I am a dps warrior in the guild Saga. I have a secondary spec for tanking, and a trinary spec for PVP. I am not the best person in PvP, never making any top ratings, however I’ve been pvping since they had ranks. Knight-Lieutenant Boyah!

I’m going to focus on DPS, will talk about tanking quite a bit. PvP could almost have its own blog. If you’re interested in the warrior as much as I am. This is the blog for you.
"Wait - Weren’t they going to change that so I didn’t have to respec so
often?"

Sources – Check your Sources

I know Ghostcrawel doesn’t like to talk about numbers, but I feel as a DPS obsessed person, I stare at recount all day. I know I’m not the top dps, on quite a few fights, and I know I could improve. However will get into these reasons later.
*just call me the debuff bitch*
Eon Blue Apocalypse

I wanted to start a blog about my warrior, I’ve been thinking about this for several months. I love my warrior, but I can’t say I played him since beta. To be honest in beta, and early release rage felt horrible.

I started a Paladin instead. A few months later, I meet a friend who wanted to start a toon on Wildhammer with some friends and play, so I started up my warrior again on Wildhammer. This was clear back in original WoW, with MC, BWL and dreams of Naxxramas.

I recently moved him to Scilla, where the lag is horrible, but quite a few of my WoW friends decided to move. While the lag is horrible, I’ve been having a lot of ups and down. Currently I’d say I’m in an upswing. However I’ve been concerned about my warrior, ever since I started getting more information about him, sometime in Early BC, once I hit 80 and was gearing him up.

Leveling my warrior was my first biggest concern, and still is; an idea I don’t relish doing over again, even with all the changes to the warrior. The only thing that saved my health bar was I got to level with my priest friend. Together this combo, healer & tank/dps make for some pretty amazing experiences. However now that we are moving on, I find myself cold and alone, and my health bar dropping faster and faster these days.

My guild is currently on the last boss in Trial of the Crusader(25), the regular version of Anub’arak(Alliance). I believe this weekend we will down him. I have fully cleared 10 ToC, and working on Heroic 10 with my 10 man. Currently our guild has two 10s and we are trying to vary them up, but it proves to be hard a lot of times to do.


Titles are Titles and Important

*23 and counting*

The biggest thing about writing this blog, and thinking about it, was coming up with a good title for it. I’ve been thinking a LOT about Ghostcrawel and I’ll be making reference to him constantly I hope. The main focus thou will be game design and about his take on the how you can’t compare your class to other classes.

I am sure this will change over time, but if you’re interested in the warrior

I will also be referencing Landsoul’s spreadsheet as it’s the dufacto warrior guide on gear. While the dps numbers may be irrelevant for some in this blog I’ll hopefully be talking about specific numbers with SS’s of Recount data, and in depth discussion about the warrior and ultimately how I feel they are doing, and what could be improved. STARTING with the du du du 'The training dummy'.

If you are interested in the warrior as much as I am. This really is the blog for you.

Sources/Links:

Ghostcrawler/ Greg Street - http://www.wowwiki.com/Greg_Street

No comments:

Post a Comment